wash down a fellow firefighter wearing a
hazardous material suit after the firefighter came out of a building on
Challenger Tech Court in the Research Park where an unknown acid was
spilled on Tuesday, December 14, 2004. A
small fire started inside the building, activating a sprinkler system,
according to Orange
County Fire Rescue spokesman Bill Murphy. Water from the sprinkler
mixed with an acid, causing a
reaction, and someone inside the building reported hearing an
explosion, Murphy said. Firefighters dressed in hazardous material
suits entered the building and reported that the acid appeared stable.
The building contained aplating company, Murphy said.
About 30 firefighters responded to